Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Gen1: Chapter Three: I do! Or maybe I don't....



The big day came so fast. I was worried, because I was having one of those days where nothing seems to go right. I woke up late to the sink violently spitting water into the air. I hadn't even touched it- I did have a shower now, so there was no need to repeatedly wash my hands over and over in a behavior that was worse then even the most obsessive compulsive.


Maybe it was jealous that I had started bathing like a regular sim. Coupled with the fact that I was running late for work, I thought it was a bad omen.

Does this scream 'doom' to you?

As I worked to fix the sink and rush to work, the ring in my pocket never felt heavier. I thought everything would go wrong, but at the same time this never felt so right. It was something I knew I had to do.


Kate made me so happy. She was like a refreshing breath of fresh air, a symbol of how well my new life was going. I wasn't going to let her walk away from me. I wanted to make an honest woman of her, even if the universe was conspiring against me.


Thankfully, my boss wasn't too mad, though I was made to promise that I would meet some girl later and form a friendship with her. Something to do with work connections. If it got me off the hook, I would do it.


The hours seemed to tick by in seconds, and before I knew it Kate was over at my place. We stood under the stars and held hands.

Like something out of a Simmywood Movie.


“It's such a beautiful night.” Kate whispered to me, that playful smile back on her lips.


“Kate-” I began slowly. I had rehearsed this time and time again, whispering the words as I stirred pots of spaghetti at work.


“Yes, sweetheart?” She pulled me close, her eyes twinkling brighter than any of the stars.


“Do you remember when you said I should have someone here with me? Someone to take care of the place? Help fix it up?” My eyes searched her's, seeking an answer to the question I hadn't asked yet.


As if sensing what was about to come, Kate pulled away from me. “Oh, Murphy...” She mumbled.


My heart jumped and did a belly flop into my stomach. I reached for her, and sighed in relief when she let me touch her arm.


“Baby, I know this is so soon, but you make me so happy. I can't imagine a life without you.” I gave her a warm smile. Her eyes widened and she nibbled her lower lip.


I finally removed the box that had been weighing me down, getting down on one knee as I brought it from my pocket.

The Big Moment....


“Kate Pistachio- will you make me the luckiest man alive and marry me?”

I half expected the traditional reaction when a proposal has gone right. The tears, the screaming, the jump for joy followed by the tightest hug someone will ever receive in their lifetime.

I was also expecting her to say no. To say we were taking things far too soon and that she wasn't ready for this.

What I wasn't expecting was the awkward pause, and for Kate to turn away from me. My heart started sinking.


I stood, shutting the box and sighing.


“I'm sorry, Kate.” I mumbled.


She turned around and stared at me, her dark eyes still holding their twinkle.

“Murphy, this is all happening so fast. I'm not sure I'm ready for this, but at the same time, I do like you so much. I don't want to end it or things to be awkward because of this.” She said.


“Do you love me?”

I hope she loves me the way I love her...

“Yes, I do.” Kate said finally, her playful smile coming back.


“Then Marry Me, Kate. I'll treat you right, I'll be a good provider for you. I don't have much, what you see is everything, but I'm willing to share it all with you.”

I got back down on one knee and pulled the ring out again.


Kate paused, seeming to debate the issue back and forth in her head.


Finally, she spoke.

“Yes, I'll marry you. But! I don't want a big wedding.”

I must have gotten the biggest smile of my entire life. I pulled her into my arms and we kissed. It was strong and passionate, and made me forget the way her body was stiff. Slipping the ring onto her finger made me forget how quickly she pulled away.


The feeling from before hadn't gone away, but I could ignore it. We were getting married. Things would change. Or so I hoped.



It was actually awhile before we officially tied the knot. Almost every time I tried to bring it up, Kate was busy. It seemed like the only times she brought it up are when I was busy. Eventually, we had our window of opportunity. Kate Pistachio was going to be Kate Murphy.


I kept my side of the bargain by planning a small, private ceremony on my property. Kate always remarked how much she loved the land, so that's where we decided to exchange our vows.


Simple and Elegant.


Kate looked so gorgeous as I slipped the wedding ring onto her finger- the one I had saved ages to buy. The way the sunlight hit her was just perfect.


The I Do's.


Our first kiss as husband and wife sent sparks down my spine. It was like no way we had ever kissed before.


A symbol of new beginning.


After we finished the ceremony, I pulled Kate Murphy into my arms and held her close. It all felt so serene, so beautiful and perfect and it was everything I could have asked for.


Happiest day of my life!


So why did something still feel...off?


5 comments:

  1. I like this :D! Great job! I don't really like the maids in sims 3..... I hope Murphy realize that maybe he is doing a mistake.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Murphy, I don't think everything's going to go the way he wants it to :(

    Really great chapter, I can't wait for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good chapter i still have a weird feeling about kate.
    Cant wait to find out what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got caught up on your legacy and I love it so far! I really like your writing style.

    I'm thinking Kate is either Klepto or Commitment Issues or both... Can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete