Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gen1: Chapter Two: And so it begins...



Author's Note: First, let me thank everyone for their nice comments. Seriously, that really means a lot to me. I hope I can make this Legacy everything people expect it to be and more.

With that said, on to our regularly scheduled programming:



I was surprised at how well my life was going. I mean, I had my daily struggles- but who doesn't? Work kept me busy most of the time. When I wasn't working, I was at home thinking about working. I really wanted to improve the money situation. I read my cookbook from front to back, cover to cover, over and over again. I didn't have much in the way of practice, except at work, but just reading the book was helping me.


I managed to snag two promotions! Vegetable Slicer, that's me! Of course, with more work comes more stress. Always tired and stinky, and having to do stupid work related things like bring a plate of hot dogs to a total stranger in the park, but in the end it was all worth it.


After a few days of especially hard labor, I had finally saved enough to buy myself some extras for the ol' hovel. Another chair for my table, a counter and stove-

My hovel is now a home.


And my personal favorite, the shower:

Yay, No More Stinky!

Of course, that left me with practically nothing and work wasn't any less demanding, but then there was Kate.


I don't know how we did it. Each of us was always so busy- me with work and Kate with-..well, with whatever she was doing that ate up so much of her time. Somehow, though, we managed to spend lots of time together even when it seemed like we had no time at all.


We did a lot of phone talking. I would call her right out of work, or she would call me, and we would just talk the day away. We went on some pretty amazing dates too. Our favorite spot to hang out on days off was the Pier:

Enjoying a Sunny Day with my Sunshine.


It seemed like we were there every day, doing nothing but enjoying each other's company. Despite all of that, I didn't know a lot about her. I didn't know her traits, or what she wanted out of life, but I did know I loved being around her and she made me feel amazing.


And on one of our beach dates, when I kissed her...


You can't see them, but there are fireworks.

I knew that we were perfect for each other.


She didn't care about my past luck issues, or that I pretty much lived like a Homeless Sim. She liked me for me, and I liked that.


We continued our dates for awhile, a little flirting here- a shy kiss there, compliments under the stars, when one night something terrible happened.


Kate asked to see my place.


I nearly had a heart attack.


There were so many times when I made a flirty, off-hand joke about living in a house-sized dumpster, and Kate had laughed and told me it sounded quaint, but she hadn't seen it yet. Though she said she didn't care, I was worried she would once she finally got a look.


She was very insistent- something I loved about her, so we made arrangements for her to visit me one day.


In the meantime, I went back to concentrating on my cooking. My dreams were slowly coming out of the fog. I knew what I wanted- I wanted to reach the top of the culinary career. I wanted to be a five star chef, and I wanted Kate by my side.


It was those thoughts that eased my worries when it was time for Kate to finally come over.


I watched, anxious, as her car pulled up and she stepped out. She was a vision of beauty- as she was every day, and just her presence made my home feel like a castle.


Man, I'm really starting to sound like a Hopeless Romantic Sim, haha.


I took her by the hand and gave her the tour of the place. I watched her face as it never changed, her tired but sparkling eyes and her sweet smile.


“Well?” I asked her finally.


The moment of truth...

“This land- it's so beautiful.” She said, and her smile grew bigger.


If I thought Kate was perfect before, she was even better now. She really accepted me- all of me. It felt amazing.


“You really don't mind?” It was so hard to believe.


“If you had someone with you- someone to fix up the place, I'm sure it could be wonderful. It's not bad, sweetheart. It has so much potential. You'll make it fantastic.” Kate pulled me into her arms and we hugged.

This is perfection.

She stayed the rest of the day, talking with me and laughing and just having a wonderful time. She watched me cook and even did the dishes after we ate. I told her she didn't need to, but she said she was happy to do it.


Before we knew it, day turned to night. I offered to put Kate up, and she seemed hesitant at first. I was worried I wanted to move too fast and pressure her into something she wasn't ready for.


She bit her lip and looked away, and I felt even more uneasy about my suggestion.


“Look- Kate, I'm sorry- maybe if-” I started to fumble for an apology, hoping I could fix this before it was too late.


“No, no- it's fine, Murphy. I'm just..really, really busy and I can't-” She sighed and looked down. “I'm sure it won't hurt this once...”
Her eyes turned back up to me and she smiled.


I let go a huge sigh of relief.


As day turned to night we settled into bed, and I really believed that things had gotten better for me. Yes, things were hectic, but watching Kate's chest rise and fall with each breath she took- it somehow made it all worth it to me.


All of our happy memories seemed to erase the bad that happened to me before.

So happy together~


Of course, in the morning things went right back to normal. Wake up and rush rush rush.


Kate was up before I was, busy cleaning my small home. She was amazing, doing the little things she didn't need to do like scrubbing the sink or plunging the toilet.


I hurried to get dressed and ready for work when I noticed something...off.


“Kate, have you seen my Cook Book?” I felt the table for where I had left it the night before.


“Hmn?” Kate turned to me and cocked her head to the side, her painted lips showing off her playful smile. “No- I didn't see it when I was cleaning, dear.”


That was funny. It was right there, and the only people in the 'house' had been Kate and I. Could I have been robbed during our sleep?


I tried not to let it get to me. I had a bit of money now, I could buy a new one. Plus, I had Kate, and it seemed like no matter what bad happened she was my ray of sunshine in the dark.


Kate checked her watch and I watched as her mouth made an 'oh' shape. “Better get going! Can't keep the guys' waiting!”


I frowned, sad that she had to leave already for work, even though we had spent most of yesterday and all night together. Nonetheless, I thanked her for her help and kissed her goodbye.


After she left, I took in my newly cleaned house and remembered the words Kate had spoken to me earlier. Maybe I should get someone to help me out.


Would it be too soon, though? Were we moving to fast?


Only one way to tell, I just hoped this funny feeling would go away. Luck had to be on my side for this one.

2 comments:

  1. Another great chapter
    but i might be wrong but do i sense something fishy going on with kate....
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great chapter!! Where did that cook book go though...?

    ReplyDelete